SYZ Asset Management- European Equities
The virtues of a contrarian approach
Michael Clements Head of European Equities, Portfolio Manager
After one year managing the European equity portfolios of SYZ Asset Management, Michael Clements will share with you the keys of the investment strategy founded on contrarian idea generation and a strong focus on downside risk.
He will strive to answer the following questions by describing some investment cases
· what are the benefits of a contrarian approach ?
· how to control the related risks ?
· how are these ideas implemented in the portfolios ?
European Equities at SYZ Asset Management
The investment strategy is articulated around the following features:
· An active, conviction based and style-agnostic strategy, focusing on alpha generation
· Bottom-up stock picking based on in-house fundamental research with a team approach
· A contrarian idea generation allowing them to buy high quality companies at attractive price
· A long-term investment horizon (min 5 years ) allowing the investment cases to mature
· Relentless focus on downside risk: deep understanding of companies and stress testing of worst-case scenario
I look forward to welcoming you on this occasion.
Michael Kenichi Schlieper
T: +41 (0) 58 799 77 26 (direct)
Email: [email protected]